Constant boiler repairs in Devon can be a bother, and may heap up insurmountable costs that can easily be avoided. Below are some practices that are bound to prolong the usage of your boiler pipes, and delay the dreaded call to the plumber.
* Intercept the problem at its earliest stages – There is no reason to wait to do it later, after all prevention is better than cure. If there is a leaking faucet and pipe, make sure it is fixed before the problem escalates to a much larger scale of flooding floors.
* Insulating exposed pipes – Since frozen water tends to expand and crack pipes, it is important to ensure that the pipes are not exposed to the elements especially in the winter, and are properly insulated.
* Regular clearing of clogs – Make it a habit to flush out clogs and clean drains as often as is necessary. This will not only get rid of unwanted smells, but will also prevent breeding of germs in the stagnant mess. In the long run, you will have much fewer clogging incidences and hence less need for professional plumbing.
* Avoid dumping – Things like hair, food remains, plastics, and others should be kept away from drain pipes and instead disposed of in a compost pit or recycled. A good practice would be to place a mesh screen over all the drains to prevent entrance of unwanted substances.
* Monitoring the pipes – You should regularly monitor the pipes in your home to check for any problems, and also in order to familiarize yourself with the plumbing system. For instance, it’s advisable to know where the valves are should there be an unprecedented leak.
* Switching to bio degradable and eco-friendly products – This will not only help keep the environment greener, but it will also ensure that there is less chemical decomposition of your pipes since most of the things you use in the house do end up in the drains.
Trained and certified plumbers at Contrast Plumbing & Heating can advise you on how to maintain your boiler pipes and help when you need repairs!