Once in a while, you need to dust off your home to keep it clean. Rollers need to be cleaned also as they attract a considerable amount of dust. The good thing about cleaning the rollers is that you need not put them in water for you to clean them; you can wipe them using a wet cloth.
Follow the following process to clean your blinds and to minimize on damages when cleaning them.
* The first step is to check the material your roller is made from. Every material has its safety instruction on how to clean it and some are specific on the type of cleaning agents to avoid when cleaning them. Rollers made from sensitive materials are not washed but rather spot cleaned so that they do not get damaged.
* To wash roller blinds in East Kilbride, first uninstall it from the frame and place it in a flat surface. Use a soft brush to remove dust and loose dirt. Fill a bathtub with warm water and dip the unrolled roller inside for a few minutes.
* Clean any dusty areas and if there are stains, use a soft toothbrush to clean it gently.
* Rinse the roller blinds then dry it by lying flat over a rack or hanging it outside. Avoid hanging it outside in direct sunshine.
* For rollers that cannot be cleaned, you need to spot clean them. Mix the cleaning agents in a bowl and use a sponge to clean the roller after you remove the dust. Make sure you clean a small area first to test the roller so that it does not get damaged. Rinse it then dry it. Some materials shrink while the colour on others run so be careful when washing rollers with sensitive materials.
When buying roller blinds in East Kilbride, consider whether you will be able to clean them or if you will find someone to clean them for you. We have a variety of materials to choose from so you do not have to feel limited in the material that you chose. Visit us at Select Blinds for an endless selection of blinds that will offer you value for your money.