Damp proofing is the process used to help control how much moisture enters into your building. Damp is one of the most common issues that occur in homes. The moisture will pass through the walls and floor of the structure into the interior space which can lead to severe damage to the home. If you suspect your residential or commercial property has an issue with damp, you should consult with a professional. An expert in the field will inspect your building and determine if damp proofing in Devon can help fix your problem.
Signs Your Building has a Damp Problem
* You can visually see mildew or mould growing on the walls.
* There is a musty and damp smell to your home.
* Paint and wallpaper will begin to blister or peel away.
* There are noticeable wet stains on the structures home.
* The mortar around the property starts to crumble away.
* The outside walls show signs of salt stains.
* Plaster is discoloured or fragmented.
* If the building is constructed of wood, you will notice the material rotting from fungi.
* The patches of discoloured wall will feel wet when you touch it.
Benefit from Hiring a Well-Established Company
If you suspect that you have a problem with damp it is vital to call in a professional from the start. If you delay in caring for the issue, it can lead to more severe problems that can be costly to repair. Pest Eradication (West) can offer you the expertise that you require. They are well-known for providing treatment for wood decay and damp proofing to their clients. Established in 1945, they have extensive knowledge on how to find the root of the problem and which method should be used to fix the issue at an affordable price.