Your home is your castle – so give it the royal treatment by damp proofing in Edinburgh. Your royal subjects (aka your family) will thank you and your investment will be protected. Dampness can cause all kinds of problems for both your property and your family, including wet rot and mould that can lead to serious health issues like bronchitis and asthma. Here are some top signs you need to contact a damp proofing company:
* Poor ventilation: Walls, both exterior and interior, need to breathe. If you don’t have proper ventilation in your home, moisture can build up and once that happens, your home becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. Make sure that the air circulation inside your home is sufficient to allow for proper ventilation.
* It always seems cold: Moisture and dampness can create an atmosphere of cold air. If you and your family are constantly turning up the heat or putting on warmer clothes, it could be a sign that dampness has crept in.
* You or your family get sick a lot: Do you and your family suffer from colds all year long? Are you sneezing a lot, or suffer from allergies? This could be a sign that your home is too damp.
* You notice a lot of condensation: check your windows and doors for signs of condensation. A build-up could mean mould is on its way.
* You notice leaks in your basement or roof: Have you noticed water-stained ceilings, or leaks in your basement? It may be time to call a professional damp proofing technician.
Professionals in the field can do damp proofing in Edinburgh quickly and efficiently. This is not something you want to take on as a DIY project. A technician can come to your home and provide you with a no-obligation quote and timeline for getting the job done.
Richardson & Starling have over 80 years experience in solving damp problems in all types of properties. Visit them online for more information.